Thanks to Kester from Lil Book Lovers for sponsoring this giveaway.
Saving Kennedy features two short stories by J.L. Pattison about time travel, the JFK assassination, and the consequences of the choices we make.
When Stewart Hudson travels back in time to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from killing President Kennedy, he not only becomes Oswald’s alibi, but he also finds himself stuck in 1963.
To ensure Stewart gets it right this time, the wife of his future grandson confronts him before he leaves for 1963, and she quickly learns that meddling in the affairs of the past always has its consequences.
Theodore Garfield never believed the old farmer’s story about the day the stranger appeared in his cornfield. And Theodore was even more skeptical about the letter the visitor left behind detailing the gradual downfall of America beginning with the assassination of a future president named John F. Kennedy.
Years later the farmer’s story is all but forgotten until a young senator named John F. Kennedy is elected president. With the farmer and the letter now long gone, will Theodore be able to prevent one of the most tragic days in American history?
Order today to receive Saving Kennedy in time for the holidays, then take comfort in knowing the person who receives Saviving Kennedy will tell everyone what a great gift giver you are, and this hungry author will finally be able to order an extra packet of beef flavoring for his Top Ramen.
Repeat after me: fall is here, fall is here . . . this is the best time of the year.
– I released my second ebook, Alibi Interrupted, in July.
– This blog surpassed 700 followers and exceeded of 57,000 views.
– I’ve been asked to write a guest article on a website for a publishing company which I’ve agreed to do (coming soon).
– I’ve done two interviews for two different websites (both coming in October).
– I’ve been working on two more short stories: The Man Who Thought He Could Fly and The Dreams of Evil Men.
– Based on a demand (albeit small, but still a demand) for my stories in physical book form, I released Saving Kennedy which contains both The Visitor and Alibi Interrupted in paperback. Please stop by CreateSpace or Amazon to order your copy.
– And finally, this summer I was blessed to attended a father/son retreat in Colorado with my eldest boy where we had time to rest, relax, and recreate. We also had the opportunity to meet speakers and authors, Scott Brown and Kevin Swanson.
As we head into fall and winter, my plans are to continue working on finalizing some of my short stories to get them ready for my anthology, and trying to finish my novella, The Island.
Thank you to all who’ve read my stories over the past summer. Your support means a lot. If you’ve read any of my stories and haven’t yet left a review on Amaon, please consider doing so. Reviews are vital for authors.
Thank you again to all of you. You guys make the lonely road of writing a little less lonely.
If you didn’t win, do not fret. This coming Saturday I will announce where you can purchase Saving Kennedy.
Thank you to all who participated in the contest by joining my mailing list. I appreciate your interest in my work more than you know.
Although you can join my mailing list at any time, today is the last day that doing so will enter you in the book giveaway drawing for Saving Kennedy.
For further details on the drawing, go here. But hurry, this drawing closes at midnight tonight (EST).